Elevate currently seeking a SAE/AM with 4-8 years agency experience
Boston (March 25, 2015) – Elevate Communications, a full-service strategic public relations agency that develops and implements national consumer and B2B communications programs for sports, financial services, technology and hospitality brands, is seeking a motivated, self-starting, Senior Account Executive / Account Manager to join our team.
A sample list of current clients includes: the Boston Red Sox, the New England Revolution, Fenway Sports Group, SNOM, Head of the Charles Regatta, the Boston Globe, Sun Life Financial, Santander and more.
Opportunity: Senior Account Executive / Account Manager, Consumer & B2B
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with clients
- Learn client businesses and influencers to deliver a targeted media relations approach
- Take ownership of deliverables and projects
- Draw on past experiences to contribute thoughtful, creative and strategic value to accounts
- Develop and identify media opportunities across print, broadcast and web and conceive creative approaches to ensure client inclusion/position clients as thought leaders and market influencers
- Provide strategic vision and direction to media relations, writing and social media teams for client initiatives
- Oversee research for, including but not limited to events/trade shows and media relations initiatives
- Monitor and identify new media trends and provide insights that enhance visibility of client brands; Conduct research related to client initiatives to maximize delivery of significant coverage/gross impressions through media placements
- Respond effectively, quickly, and accurately to reporters’ requests for information
- Manage accounts including hours, budgets and expenses
- Manage weekly and monthly client reports including compiling press clips and measuring media relations results and tracking all account activity
- Plan, conduct and/or supervise junior staffers on media relations tasks including mailings, media follow-up calls, etc.
- Work with full account team to develop and implement strategy
- Represent the account team and agency at client events; some weekend and night work essential
In this role, this individual must possess:
- 4-8 years account management experience in agency setting a must
- A thorough knowledge of consumer/B2B media markets
- Exceptional judgment and ability to independently solve problems
- Strong sense of urgency, and be incredibly organized & deadline-oriented
- Expertise in creating, developing and pitching story ideas and interview opportunities to trade and business press
- Proven ability to manage and grow strong relationships with editors, reporters, columnists, bloggers, and other media contacts
- Proven project & event management skills
- Keen understanding of social media tools and digital PR experience (blog campaigns, lead generation, etc.)
- Effective listening, strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Accepting of challenges and ability to solve problems
- A creative and innovative mindset
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Ability to delegate and refine and edit ideas
- Project management abilities
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet research
- A can-do, proactive attitude with clear understanding of a team approach; ability to motivate others and mentor junior staff members
This position is located at our Newbury Street, Boston office. Salary will be commensurate with experience. We offer a fast-paced, exciting workplace culture, the opportunity to represent diverse and interesting clients, competitive salary, health care benefits (medical, dental and vision) 401(k) and more.
Interested parties should submit resumes and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Elevate Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.