Elevate Communications, a full-service strategic public relations agency that develops and implements national communications programs for consumer, sports, B2B, technology and hospitality brands, is seeking a motivated, self-starting, Office Manager to join our team.
A sample list of current clients includes: the Boston Red Sox, the New England Revolution, Fenway Sports Group, Head of the Charles Regatta, the Boston Globe, Sun Life Financial, and more.
Opportunity: Office Manager
The Office Manager is responsible for supporting agency operations by maintaining office systems and managing administrative functions. The Office Manager will report to the Vice President, Business Operations and will work closely with senior office management and with outside vendors.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
– Develop and place job listings
– Manage resume database
– Manage interview process and schedule
– Maintain employee personnel files
– Manage process/schedule of employee reviews
– Maintain agency vacation calendar
– New hire orientation and onboarding/exiting
– Manage intern program (placement of listings, scheduling, orientation)
– Manage benefits programs and providers
– Update employee handbook to maintain compliance as needed
– Develop HR policies and procedures
– Manage agency culture budgets including Free Friday Lunches and Happy Hours
– Manage ordering of food with restaurants and caterers
– Birthday celebrations
– Help plan agency outings
– Manage outsourced IT vendor to ensure execution of contracted deliverables
– Manage permissions for files
– Manage front desk and maintain a friendly and professional environment by greeting and assisting visiting colleagues, vendors and clients and customers
– Answer calls to the main office line, transfer calls to appropriate parties
– Manage ordering of office supplies
– Manage mail and shipping needs
– Manage cell phones plans
– Maintain reservation calendar for conference rooms, conference phones
– Main contact for building management, cleaning services and needs
– Manage and schedule outside vendors and follow up on work results
– Vendor management (subscriptions, contracts, renewals, etc.)
– Update senior team’s new business tracking sheets
– Booking travel for senior team and managing preferred travel vendors across agency account teams
– Company database
– Administrative tasks such as proofreading, writing business letters
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
– 3-5 years office experience
– Good interpersonal skills
– Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
– Decision making skills
– Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
– Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, cloud providers (Dropbox), and web browsers
– Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
This position is located at our Newbury Street, Boston office. Salary will be commensurate with experience. We offer a fast-paced, exciting workplace culture, the opportunity to represent diverse and interesting clients, competitive salary, health care benefits (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) and more.
Interested parties should submit resumes and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elevate Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.