Boston-based Public Relations agency specializing in consumer, B2B, sports & entertainment, and technology sectors seeks seasoned, organized and well-rounded PR professional, proficient in media relations, client relationship management and writing to join the consumer team as Account Executive. This individual will be responsible for assisting in managing all aspects of account work under the supervision of a Senior AE or Account Manager. 3+ years of agency experience required, plus experience in one (or several) of the following sectors: technology, B-to-B, financial services, consumer.
Specific Responsibilities & Qualifications
In this role, this individual will be required to:
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with clients, as well as with the editors and reporters with whom he/she will regularly interact.
- Draft and develop press materials, including press releases, pitch letters, media advisories, executive bios and fact sheets, as well as basic memos and marketing materials in a precise and efficient manner.
- Develop and identify media opportunities across print, broadcast and web and conceive creative approaches to ensure client inclusion/position clients as thought leaders and market influencers.
- Pitch and schedule national and regional media interviews and satellite media tours, etc. and craft briefing sheets for each opportunity, outlining interview focus and key messaging.
- Monitor and identify new media trends and provide insights that enhance visibility of client brands; Conduct research related to client initiatives to maximize delivery of significant coverage/gross impressions through media placements.
- Respond effectively, quickly, and accurately to reporters’ requests for information.
- Develop, nurture and grow relationships with consumer, business, and trade journalists (traditional and online) with whom he/she will regularly interact.
- Manage weekly and monthly client reports including compiling press clips and measuring media relations results and tracking all account activity.
- Plan, conduct and/or supervise junior staffers on media relations tasks including mailings, media follow-up calls, etc.
- Work with an SAE or Account Manager to develop and implement strategy, including assisting in the writing of public relations plans and executing media initiatives.
- Represent the account team and agency at client events; some weekend and night work essential.
In this role, this individual must possess:
- 3+ years PR agency experience.
- Exceptional judgment and ability to independently solve problems.
- A strong sense of urgency, and be incredibly organized & deadline-oriented.
- Expertise in creating, developing and pitching story ideas and interview opportunities to consumer, trade, online and business press.
- Proven ability to manage and grow strong relationships with editors, reporters, columnists, bloggers, and other media contacts.
- Proven project & event management skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Keen understanding of social media tools; digital PR experience (blog campaigns, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn).
- A can-do, proactive attitude with clear understanding of a team approach; ability to motivate others and mentor junior staff members.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Interested parties should submit resumes and salary requirements to email@example.com