We’re seeking an experienced, high-energy Senior Account Manager – a talented PR pro and storyteller with the ability to develop and implement a wide range of ideas and solutions – to join Elevate’s talented team of public relations professionals.
The Senior Account Manager oversees the development of communications strategies and programs that achieve measurable results for a portfolio of agency client accounts. The individual serves as primary client contact and is responsible for implementing plans, developing timelines and budgets, providing day-to-day client communications and reporting, and interacting with other team members and delegating appropriate assignments to team members to execute programs. They are responsible for account profitability, account budgets, productively supervising employees and managing account staffing resources. The role will service clients in the financial services, corporate, B-to-B and consumer sectors.
The ideal candidate is a versatile, strategic thinker with a proven track record of at least five years of success in an agency environment. A self-starter who is energetic, enthusiastic, persistent, creative, motivated to work in a fast-paced, team environment and loves the exciting pace of agency life. Established relationships with senior business media and journalists, the ability to craft and tell stories via earned media, proven track record of managing account teams and staffing resources, experience in influencer relations, and a passion for achieving measurable results for our incredible clients are all a must.
Account Strategy & Planning
- Conceive and develop integrated communication strategies for a portfolio of Elevate clients
- Oversee implementation of communications plans including: research and idea generation; writing; managing clients’ social media programs; awards submissions, event management etc.
- Play major role in understanding client goals, creating and updating public relations plans and consistently manage against them
- Consistently offer strategic thinking that is current, timely and meets the client PR goals
- Plan and manage events ranging from photo calls, press conferences, community events, training days etc. on behalf of clients
- Keep apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments – their key issues, competitive situation and industry trends
- Write proposals for client PR initiatives and coordinate pricing estimates for client approval
- Manage agency/account resources and staff allocations, including hours, personnel assignments, budgets and expenses
- Manage assigned accounts, achieve exceptional outcomes for clients and manage extended client portfolio ensuring consistency of service is delivered in line with company policy
- Oversee operational performance of accounts, ensuring the quality of the work, deadlines are met while adhering to account and staff budgets
- Play the central role in the team and take full responsibility for clients and client initiatives
- Day-to-day management of the Elevate account team and any contractors that support the programs
- Serve as primary client contact and provide on-going strategic counsel
- Provide effective management of agency resources to ensure projects are delivered to appropriate standards on time and on budget
- Lead client meetings & ensure that preparation for the meeting is well organized, notes are taken, and a contact report is circulated immediately following the meeting
- Coordinate project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel and provide clients with timeline and budget updates
- Direct activity on assigned accounts, keeping clients informed of account direction and maintaining forward momentum on projects
- Execute media relations, social media, community relations and event planning
- Proofread all written material before it is submitted to the client
- Brief vendors (designers, photographers, printers, etc.) in a knowledgeable and precise manner, negotiate costs & manage quality control and deadlines
- Demonstrate attention to detail and time management skills while juggling a portfolio of clients with various deadlines and expectations
- Have full understanding and ownership of financial controls on all accounts, mark-up rules, budgeting procedures; Track agency and vendor costs to help ensure profitability
Media & Influencer Relations
- Create media relations campaign ideas and strategies, drive media relations events and initiatives that further the client’s profile, products and services
- Develop and manage account team execution of comprehensive media relations campaigns for clients and client initiatives
- Identify and secure media placements across print, broadcast and web and conceive creative approaches to ensure client inclusion/position clients as thought leaders and market influencers
- Plan, conduct and/or supervise staff on media relations programs and tasks including proactive media outreach, etc.
- Perform in-depth research to support communications and messaging & develop news angles and place stories in a cross section of print, broadcast and online media
- Build & maintain relationships with media, local/national influencers and thought leaders in alignment with client needs
- Ensure ongoing monitoring of editorial calendars and proactive pitching of story ideas, news developments and expert sources to media
- Prepare press releases, media briefings, messaging documents, coverage reports and communications plans
- Prepare spokespeople for media interviews through the development of messaging and talking points, and in-depth media training when required
Media Results Analytics & Reporting
- Effectively present agency work/proposals to clients and support team members in same
- Provide timely client reporting and results analysis of all key programs and initiatives
- Adhere to agency policies and procedures, including recording of weekly hours
- Participate in agency meetings, initiatives and campaign development meetings
- Keep abreast of PR services that will enhance the agency’s client offering
- Managing and mentoring junior members of staff
- Industry knowledge – Read relevant trade, consumer and business media, bringing important issues to the attention of colleagues and agency personnel
New Business Development and Marketing
- Actively identifies and develops new business opportunities within existing accounts and support other new business efforts/sales team
- Prepare proposals and pitches
- Seek opportunities to grow business with existing clients
- 7-10 years of public relations agency experience in the financial services field (B-to-B and/or consumer), showing a path of increasing responsibilities including the ability to manage one’s own accounts and team
- Demonstrated ability to manage large projects and small teams simultaneously, function as a daily client contact, and plan and execute strategies to meet the clients’ needs
- Deep experience in media relations and PR campaign development and execution
- Proven ability to delegate and quickly evaluate and edit the work of other team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, as well as organizational and planning skills
- Must be proactive, resourceful and have a great attention to detail
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects and clients with changing priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Awareness of value of time and the ability to maximize the use of the time allotted to each project
- A positive attitude with strong people skills; ability to interact with a wide range of personalities
- Trustworthy; honest and reliable
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position.
This position is located at our Newbury Street, Boston office. Salary will be commensurate with experience. We offer a fast-paced, exciting workplace culture, the opportunity to represent diverse and interesting clients, competitive salary, health care benefits (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) and more.
Interested parties should submit resumes and salary requirements to Kaye Mulvey at email@example.com.
Elevate Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.