- Stops in Boston, Hartford and Providence give fans the chance to join their favorite players on the field for meet and greet events, games and skills demonstrations
- Clinics celebrate Santander’s and the Revolution’s dedication to supporting local communities in New England
Boston, June 11, 2019 – PRESS RELEASE
Santander Bank and the New England Revolution today announced a series of free youth public soccer clinics in Boston, Hartford and Providence that will offer kids, ages 5-12 years old, and families an exciting opportunity to play soccer alongside their favorite Revolution players on the field. This marks the fifth year Santander has hosted a free youth soccer clinic with the Revolution, and the first time the Bank has expanded the event to a multi-stop series.
Santander’s youth clinic series will take place at the following locations:
- Providence, R.I.: Providence College, Wednesday, July 10, from 2 to 4 p.m. ET (event rain or shine)
- Boston, Mass.: Boston Common, Thursday, July 25, from 2 to 4 p.m. ET (rain date: Friday, July 26 from 2 to 4 p.m. ET)
- Hartford, Conn.: Trinity College, Thursday, August 15, from 3 to 5 p.m. ET (rain date: Thursday, August 22 from 3 to 5 p.m. ET)
Parents or guardians may reserve a spot for their child for any of the clinic stops, online, at https://www.revolutionsoccer.net/2019-santander-public-clinic. Space is limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
New England Revolution players and Revolution Academy coaches will lead skills clinics with drills, demonstrations and instructions for young soccer fans and their families. Along with meeting their favorite Revolution stars, fans will be able to enjoy photo and autograph opportunities, games and more.
“At Santander, we are always looking for ways to support our communities, and we are proud to use soccer as a vehicle to connect with families while being active, having fun, and promoting respect on and off the field,” said Barbara Glasser, Santander Bank’s Chief Marketing Officer. “We are happy to join the Revolution in providing this priceless opportunity for fans across New England to engage with their favorite players on the field this summer.”
“The Revolution are excited to once again partner with Santander to provide the fun opportunity for fans to participate in this interactive event,” said Brian Bilello, New England Revolution President. “We are on a mission to be active and committed members of the New England community and are proud to have Revolution players teach and play soccer alongside children through these free public clinics.”
Santander Bank is proud to serve as the Official Bank of the New England Revolution, now playing its 24th season.