Elevate Communications, a strategic public relations agency that develops and implements national communications programs for consumer, sports, entertainment & hospitality, B2B and technology brands, is seeking motivated, self-starting interns with a strong interest in exploring a career in public relations.
Our interns are an integral part of our team, and will enjoy the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, creative, collaborative, hands-on professional environment where they will have the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of PR from the ground up. The development of core PR skills and career fundamentals – including media relations, writing and account management – is fostered and encouraged and, in our entrepreneurial environment, teamwork, accountability, and a keen desire to learn will take our interns far. From drafting media advisories to pitching reporters to researching new business opportunities to working at our events, Elevate interns will be involved in the daily execution of a variety of marketing communications campaigns.
A sample list of current clients includes: The Boston Red Sox, Fenway Sports Group, The New England Revolution, Santander, the Boston Globe, and more.
Intern Opportunities and Responsibilities
- Press Outreach & Coverage: Media list management, media relations (calling to pitch journalists), clipping, media reports
- Media Material Development (e.g., Press Releases, Media Advisories, Pitch Letters): Writing, proof reading, editing
- Client Events: Research, planning, implementation, staffing
- Media, Analysis: Research, coverage analysis
- Social Media Management: Research, influencer outreach, content creation
- Other Duties: New business research as needed, special projects when available, office administration as necessary
Benefits & Requirements
- Development of core PR skills
- Exposure to the industry and marketing communications campaigns
- A great team with networking opportunities
- Company-sponsored free lunch on Fridays
- Creativity, intelligence and a driving ambition
- Team‐player, professional, results and action‐oriented
- Superior writing and verbal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, Web savvy
- Social media aptitude
Paid. Academic credit available.
Around 16 hours/week but flexible around your school schedule.
How to apply:
Please send cover letter, resume, and a brief writing sample to Internships@elevatecom.com. No phone calls, please.